Layaway to remember...

Sunday, January 18, 2009
So I finally too the plunge today and placed a down / first installment on a BJD!

I think I have been waiting 5 years to finally get the money and courage to invest in one of these outrageously priced beauties... and I finally did it. I had been pining over a few molds online and was ready to layaway via a distributor site, when it just so happened that I managed to do enough posts to qualify to enter the Marketplace threads on the DOA (Den of Angels) forums. There I happen upon a deal I couldn't resist... someone was selling their Dream of Doll "Bee-A" girl! When I spoke to her current owner (ktmonkeyj) and she told me that her Bee-A is only a year old, in mint condition and still has her default company face-up. She was asking for $300.

Now I know that wasn't just chump change... but I also knew that it was a good deal considering the rarity of this doll popping up in a second-hand thread for adoption. I went to the DOD website and found out that Bee-A is not even available to be sold individually anymore. When she was in the past, she was going for $300 without face-up and shipping which would have topped her at about $400 plus the ever so exciting 2 month+ wait for her to arrive from overseas. Now here's the best part!... Ktmonkeyj is located in Tustin! Literally a few neighborhoods away (no shipping costs) and she was willing to work with me on a layaway plan. So with that... it was a done deal, after negotiating with my hubby, Ian, of course. ^_^

I am so excited to be on my way to becoming a BJD parent. I hope to pay her off sooner if possible, but if not, I will have her by mid April for sure.










0 comments:

Post a Comment