First BJD Blushing and Faceup

Thursday, February 19, 2009
After a couple of frustrating nights blushing and painting the hell out of my light tan Bobobie Espree (no name for her yet), I finally finished. Here are pics of what I did in the process and the results.

Dollie parts soaking in soapy water...
I wet sanded the areas that were discolored/rough (from the manufacturere) using the 3 different types of grit fine sponge sandpaper I got at the Volks USA store. Here are the parts drying overnight before being sealed...
After being sealed with Mr. Super Clear UV Cut... I had to rig the parts to dry... so tedious *sigh*

After drying, all the parts are ready to be blushed and painted.
Here is the finished body...
I did two layers of blushing with chalk pastels and sprayed MSC after each set. I also used some mica powders to add frost and sparkles to the look of the skin. It makes a nice bronzed effect because the MSC flattens it a bit.




Here is the result of my very first faceup!
OK... here are some better pictures...





0 comments:

Post a Comment